CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 29, 2008

I missed my other half so much!

I saw her. At last. After almost three months, I saw her again today. My cousin who's been one of my closest companions back in high school. She's like my other half. She visited me at school today (good thing we had our 3-hour break). She still has that same aura. Same long hair, same height, same delicate eyes, same dimpled smile, same fashion statement (shirt, pants, havaianas and her esprit bag), same soft voice and same familiar scent...the only change that I saw in her is the first thing I've noticed when she arrived...her nail polish. My cousin wears nail polish! What a sight! haha..It's not like she can't paint her toes, it's just that I'm not used to it. I've never seen her with colored toe nails before. Well, it's just a teeny bit of detail that I suddenly noticed out of the corner of my eye.

We met twenty minutes before my next class. She texted me this morning to ask what time my break is and informed me that she's going to lasalle this afternoon. We were having algebra at that time and I was in the middle of answering a mathematical problem. My phone vibrated inside my bag and I can't fight the urge to read the message. I was surprised to see her name and my heart did a little flip when I read her message. I read it again to make sure that it was what it is. I got excited but I said to myself, "I just hope she isn't kidding me."

At lunchbreak, I texted her again. She said she was gonna leave manila at 12:30. Twelve thirty? Thirty in front of a twelve??? She has got to be kidding me. 12:30pm. She's not gonna make it in time before my next class. I computed for her travel time and decided that maybe she can make it in time before 3pm..so I waited for her...

1:00..

1:30..

where the hell is she??

2:00..

still not here..

2:30...

okay, so maybe she can't make it after all..

2:41...She's here! OMG..She's really here. I can't believe it! I stood up, walked half-way through her and instinctively gave her a quick hug and sway. Yup, that's the way we hug..we sway sidewards while hugging. I dunno, but it just happens whenever I hug her, we do a little sway. Anyway, she was with Raissa (our former classmate) and Fides. We didn't really talk that much not because we've got nothing to talk about or because of the fact that I have a TheoFun class in less than 20mins...I dunno..It's just so weird that she's finally here in front of me. After all those months.. I can't think of anything to say (which is SO not like me because I used to talk so much when I'm with her) so I just mentioned about the new renovations in the school (yeah, I really suck at starting conversations, as a matter of fact, senseless conversations is my expertise..kidding). Anyway, I asked her about school..those kind of stuff..i complained about my school and my stupid uncomfortable uniform and my dull professors. She told me about her most difficult subject which is math. Well it must be true because she's pretty good at math. Definitely better than me. Hehe..

4 minutes before three, I took the initiative to proceed to my next class (which really sucks because i really have so much more to tell her!). The farewell wasn't dramatic because i know that I'm still gonna see her. Her house is like..25 steps away from mine. Plus, it's her semestral break (I think). When i arrived at my next class, the prof still isn't there. As a matter of fact, we had to wait for her for 1 1/2 hours only to hear that the class has been cancelled!!! Damn. I shouldn't have gone there and I should've spent more time with camille instead. Oh well, what else can I do..she already went home by the time I told her that I was dismissed early.

But I'm still totally, utterly and undeniably happy to finally see her again... It made my day complete and it was something that i really looked forward to.