CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Just look at the brighter side..

Okay, twas a long time since my last blog entry! Where to start?
Oh, midterms!!! I just had my midterm exams.. so now, I'm free as a bird! Finally! Haha.. Anyway, the exam was okay..okay doesn't mean difficult, but it doesn't mean that it's easy either. There were easy ones like math and TheoFun, but there were also bloody ones like FiliOne (why the hell do we still take that freakin' subject, marunong naman tayo mag-Filipino!?!), RelEd and GenPsych. Well, FiliOne really absorbed all my energy last night. I stayed up until 2.30 am to finish that damn subject. I thought that it was enough, but the test was just so damn crazy!!

I can really feel college life now. I can feel the freedom, the excitement, the difficulty, the pressures! College is not a bed of roses, you know! But surprisingly, I don't feel that much bitter right now (at first I feel really bad about my college life). As a matter of fact, I'm enjoying every single minute of it, even my late night cramming.

I mentioned above that I feel "bitter" about college. It's because I feel left out by my friends. They are all in manila while i'm left here in Batangas. Last year, I was dying to go to UP Manila!! I saw my name on the list of UPCAT passers and got a letter of acceptance. At that very moment, I was sure that I'll be studying in UP manila next school year..but unfortunately, my mom never allowed me to study there so I stayed here and took up nursing instead. I was heartbroken because of that. Nursing in De La Salle Lipa wasn't quite what I expected for my college years. Actually, I really don't mind living in a creepy old claustrophobic dorm and working my ass off when I study in UP. As long as I'm free and independent in a university that's not in Batangas, I'll be happy. Well, that was before. I might as well forget about it..'coz this is my life now...

I'm still in the process of fitting in and finding my place in DLSL, but as of now, I'm totally, completely and absolutely happy of where I am now. College is not so bad after all. The knotty feeling in my stomach everytime I go to my first class in the morning was finally gone. I guess it's just my destiny that I ended up studying here. I may not be like my other friends who seem to be totally enjoying their independence in other universities, but at least I also get to have a world of my own here. They say it's fun to be away from your home because you get to taste freedom, experience a totally different world, and meet new people. Yeah..good ol' freedom indeed! But staying isn't a hindrance to live a life like that. I also have my own freedom now, I experience a totally different world (yeah, definitely!) and most of all, I met really great people. I belong to block 3 (or block c) and my blockmates are awesome!! My new friends are a lot different from the friends that I used to hang-out with back in high school. They're free-spirited, carefree, fun and "crazy-beautiful" people. Sometimes, we get a little bit "over-the-fence" when it comes to having fun but it's okay because they gave me a whole new experience and perspective in life. Back in high school, my days were spent with assignments, projects, and never ending quizzes. I belong to the top class and I was afraid to be left out so I work hard. But now, there is no more top class. Everyone is arranged randomly so there's no need for me to cope up with others so that's another way of being free. Free from competitions, free from high expectations and most of all, free from quick judgments. But that doesn't mean that I don't work hard anymore because
like what I've said, college is not a bed of roses. As a matter of fact, I work harder. Nursing can be so "toxic" sometimes (I always use that expression nowadays..TOXIC!!).

Well I guess this is just the brighter side of not having the chance to be a centennial freshman at UP (even though I still feel frustrated up to now). Every event in our life, may it be good or bad, has a purpose. We just have to look at the brighter side of everything. ^_^