CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 3, 2008

Online Dillemma

I was up at 3:something am today because of our online enrollment. I wanted so badly to enroll early so that I wouldn't have to line up at the cashier to pay my tuition. After my countless desperate attempts to open my account at the e*wizard, I ended up typing this. What's worse is that when you go to the site, there is something terrible written. The website posted a sign which says:

Note: SERVER IS DOWN FOR MAINTENANCE

It was soooo frustrating! I had the sudden urge to scream at my computer, but I reminded myself that it's 3am and I could wake up the whole house with my early morning dilemma. It sucks! Today is supposed to be the day of online enrollment for freshmen and the site is still under maintenance! UGH. How lame is that?

But come to think of it..I am still luckier than my other block mates who still haven't viewed their grades yet. The online viewing of grades also suck (btw)! Online viewing of grades was last october 30 and some students are still finding a hard time to access their accounts on the school website. They're probably banging their heads now.

Honestly, I'm really not in favor of this online thingy. Why do they have to change the system when the old one still works. They say all of these is for the development of our school..but look at what happened?? It was supposed to make our lives "easier" so that we wouldn't have to come to school to see our grades and to enroll. But if you ask me, I'd rather take the hassle to come to school, endure the heat and line up together with hundreds of students than to have my computer open for 24 hours because of desperately trying to open the e*wiz account. The former involves more effort but it also gives you the assurance that you're gonna get your grades and be able to enroll eventually while the latter gives you no assurance at all.

When I first knew about this online stuff, I was excited to try it. It gave me a positive outlook about my school and the huge development that it's making. I know that it's not just a step further but a huge leap for the school. I mean, how many universities in the Philippines enable students to access to their grades and enroll at the comfort of their own home? A few maybe. The introduction of this technological innovation brought along a promise of a better life (huh?). But when it was implemented, the result was otherwise. But I guess it just needs more time to improve. We're just an amateur at this anyway.

I just hope I can enroll for the next sem. Right now, all I want is to open my account, get done with this online enrollment, print the godforsaken assessment form, and take a bath so that I can go to school later to pay my tuition. When I'm done with it, I could reward myself with a peaceful mind knowing that Im sure I can move on to the next semester. And perhaps I could finally let myself sleep the whole day.