CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Operation Organize!!!

I've just finished cleaning my room..well, not "my" room because I still share that room with my sister..and it's not exactly the "room" that's clean, but rather my table. Just my table. My "study" table with 3 drawers. The table that my mom purchased so that I'll stop reading and doing my assignments in my bed..Well, the table was useless because I still do my reading and my homeworks on my bed (because it's more comfortable that way). The table only served as an extra storge for all my stuff.
If you could only see my table 5 hours ago (I should've taken a picture of it and posted it here).. It's as if it was just passed by a crazy tornado. Everything was all messy and dusty. It looks terrible! But it wasn't until last monday (start of our vacation) that I noticed how terrible it is. School days are busy days and when I'm busy, I don't have time to notice my surroundings (not that I don't see it, it's just that I don't pay attention to it).
It took me four and a half hours (straight!) to finish organizing all my stuff. It took that long not because I'm slow but because of all the old things that I found in my drawers. Old handouts that reminded me of my previous years in highschool (years of endless quizzes and projects) , old letters from my friends, old pictures that reminded me of all the precious times that I've left behind...It seems as if it was just yesterday when I took all those pictures. I knew I had to throw away some useless stuff (to make more room) but I found it difficult to throw some of them
because of all the memories that they hold. For instance, my lucky pen that i've used two years ago. It's a Pilot ball-point pen that I bought for 20pesos at Luna's. That pen is already empty but I just don't have the heart to throw it away. I used to use it in taking all my exams in level 8. I used it in writing my draft for my very first article in Bulik. In the end, I just took a picture of it (the pen), kissed it (not joking!) and threw it away...
I did it with all other things like my old, worn out pencil case (which used to be my favorite), my old magazines (which I used to read over and over again), couple of broken crayons (they have a funny story, that's why i kept them) ...I don't want to enumerate them because it can take all day. You may say that these things are crap and it deserves to be thrown in the trash bin, but for me, these "crap" hold my memories. Well, I just convinced myself that I had to do it to make room for more memories to come.
Aside from the useless yet memorable things that I threw away, I also found some useful things like my stapler (I thought it was gone forever, good thing I didn't buy a new one), the other pair of my pearl earrings, my wallet containing P200 and my dream catcher necklace which I've bought during my last trip to enchanted kingdom.
My table looks very organized now. I had fun by the way. I never realized cleaning would be that fun. Why didn't I do that a long time ago? Well, I know the answer..I had no time. Hehe..
K..I'm done!
That's it for now
Au revoir!
xoxo
M