CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Fiesta!

This is probably the most memorable fiesta I've had in my life...mainly because it's the first time that it was moved. It's originally celebrated on March 19--feast day of St. Joseph--but because march 19 falls on holy week (and it's impossible to celebrate a town fiesta without eating meat), the date was moved today, march 15. My friends also came over at my house (which is new for me considering that I seldom invite friends over at parties). I also received a new wallet from my mom (which is also new). Anyway, I also ate an incredible amount of food today. I've never had that much to eat in my entire life! It sucks! I even vowed to lose some weight this summer so that I can fit in my favorite shirt again (the shirt that my mother got for free in an airline 4yrs ago when she last went to singapore). So much for the dieting!! Right now, I'm still eating the brownies that carmela gave me today. I feel like a pig! Good thing it's holy week next week. You see, my mother and grandmother are strict when it comes to fasting and abstinence on holy week. They don't cook that much so my sister and I don't have any other choice but to fast with them. Plus, we'll have to eat fish the whole week..and I don't like fish!