CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 19, 2009

tomorrow is the beginning of "the rest of my life"

wah. This is it. My first official hospital duty begins tomorrow.

Lipa City District Hospital. OB Ward. 6:45 am. With Dr. Anita Urbi RN, MAN, PhD

Is that scary or what??

The thing is, last friday, I was actually very excited at the thought of going on my first hospital duty. I can't wait. I want the weekends to be over (yeah, i know. can't believe i said that)

But now..I'm beginning to get a little bit anxious about tomorrow. No. Scratch that. I'm soo nervous. I don't want to make any mistakes tomorrow. Whether it's taking vital signs, bringing something to the laboratory, or whatever it is that nursing students do on their hospital duty. I know it's okay to make mistakes, specially for beginners like me..but tomorrow is just very special to me. It's my first taste of the "hospital life." I'm pretty sure that's something that I'll remember for the rest of my life...just like the first day of high school, or graduation. And I want to be able to look back to my first day of duty and say to myself that I did good.

Anyway..I'm also a bit disappointed to the groupings. It always happens. I knew it! I knew it! I knew it!

What is it, you ask??

Well, I'm always "malas" when it comes to groupings. Either I belong to the lamest group, the last group, the group with the ugliest topic, the group with the most difficult topic, or the group where I'm the loner. And unfortunately, this time, I'm the loner. Again. All my friends are together in one group.

"OMG, we belong to group 3" says one of my friends.

"Yeah, isn't it cool?" says another

"Aww, I'm with group 1. And as usual, I'm the only one left out,"

"That's okay. You'll have fun there. 'M' also belongs to your group" says another

"Anyway, we're gonna have so much fun! We'll be together for one whole year"

"Yey..fun! *rolls eyes*" (that's me, of course)

(This isn't the exact conversation we had. But it's similar to this)

*sigh*
I'm always left out. What have I ever done to deserve this??

But I guess I've already recovered from that. It was last month. And I know I'm gonna learn to love my group. Well I have to. It's permanent.

Anyway, my mom's pretty excited about it. I've already worn my white duty uniform twice but she's still crazy about how I looked like a real nurse in my uniform.

..oops! Gotta end this...Duty calls. Haha. Still have to finish packing my things for tomorrow.

I hope it all goes well.