CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Hospital duty: Day 2

My second day in the area was a mixture of excitement and disappointment. I still had the same patient that I had yesterday. Apparently, the woman's husband doesn't have the money yet so they still can't leave the hospital although both the mother and her baby are cleared for discharge. Because I had the same patient as yesterday, it means that I have less jobs to do..and it sucks!! All my other groupmates in the ward are busy doing their physical assessment while I just stand there watching them getting busy. It's not fair, I wanna be busy too. Plus, their cases are better than mine. My case is just the typical postmaternity mother who had a normal spontaneous delivery. She's fine, her baby is fine and their only problem is that they still can't pay their hospital bills. The others got the chance to be assigned to new patients with cooler cases like CS, preterm labor or Dilation&Curettage. One of my classmate regulated the IV fluids and had to check her patient's vital signs EVERY 15 MINUTES. One of us was given the chance to take out a urinary catheter (I wanna do that too!). As for me, I just waited for what seems like eternity! I waited for my patient to be discharged, I waited for a new patient, a new case, a new assignment.

I hate my 2nd day of duty!