CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

No Classes Today

It's definitely a long weekend for me. We had no classes last friday because it was the foundation day. We had classes last saturday though (we have Rel Ed on saturday..and it sucks for me!). But nevertheless, classes were cancelled today due to the weather. Mr. Frank sure got really angry!!


I was sick though, stuck in bed most of the time. But I liked the rain even though it seemed like the end of the world outside (specially last night). It came with a cool breeze that made the weather comfortable. I was comfortable.

But to some, it was more than just a comfortable breeze that swept by our country. Winds of over 170 km an hour, torrential rains—a typhoon named Frank (internationally known as Fengshen) roared through the Philippines. To tell you the truth, I was kind of happy last night when the president announced that classes were suspended. Suspended classes due to typhoons and other calamities are one of my favorite news. And it's a shame, really. Yeah, I did have a wonderful time today. I had enough time to finish my homeworks and I had fun at my movie marathon this afternoon. I felt really good while I snuggled in my cozy bed this morning because it was cold. I was really contented even though it was raining cats and dogs outside.

But then again, that was selfish. I am selfish. I only cared about myself. What about everyone else? I didn't even realize that while I was enjoying myself at home, some people in other places are suffering. Just like them:



If I said earlier that I had a great weekend..I was wrong.
How about you, how was your weekend?