CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Parade of Nations

Yesterday, my cousin represented her class as Ms. South Korea in our school's celebration of the UN month. It was a competition participated by the elementary students. My sister and I went to watch and also to take pictures of her. Anyway, here are some pictures that we've taken:

That's my cousin, Maya striking a pose in front of her house. The long braids were fake hair by the way..hehe. Do koreans really do their hair like that?


The winners of the contest with our school president Brother Manuel Pajarillo, FSC. They really have spectacular costumes. My cousin won 2nd place by the way. The girl with the big orange costume was my favorite. She really stood out amidst the other contestants. I think she was Ms. Bolivia


Here are some of the other contestants. They've all got wonderful costumes (and boy, do they spent a lot of money on those costumes!) but the criteria includes poise and grace and of course, the choreography of their gestures.


Ms. Korea, Ms. Singapore and Ms. Vietnam


Another reason why I watched was because Aubrey (of PDA little dreamers) sang during the program. She studies in our school. After the program, we grabbed the opportunity to have our picture taken with her.


Taken outside the Sentrum after the program.